Posted to users@maven.apache.org by adasal <ad...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/03 01:03:32 UTC

unable to download artifacts

I have looked at MNG-4028 <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4028> and
other similar issues.
I have commented MNG-4183 <http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-4183>
My problems are roughly the same. I'm using maven 2.1.0, linux Jaunty, no
firewall apart from that in the terminal adaptor, no network connectivity
problems.
I have tried all combinations of command line, removing settings.xml,
starting with a clean .m2, no luck.
What can this possibly be?

One point - I originally installed maven2 through apt-get, I have now
removed it and use a version in my user directory.
I also have a version of maven 1 on the same machine.
It is true that env variables are not quite set correctly, no M2 and using
MAVEN_HOME instead.
MAVEN_HOME=/home/adam/maven2.1/apache-maven-2.1.0

MAVEN_HOME1=/home/adam/maven-1.1  <--- obviously this doesn't work for maven
1. But not the issue.

This is one version of errors when trying to setup appfuse from command line
and using settings.xml in /home/adam/.m2 :-
We are using command line specified remote repositories:
http://static.appfuse.org/releases

[DEBUG] Trying repository
id0
[DEBUG] Checking for pre-existing User-Agent
configuration.
[DEBUG] Adding User-Agent
configuration.
[DEBUG] Connecting to repository: 'id0' with url: '
http://static.appfuse.org/releases'.

Downloading:
http://static.appfuse.org/releases/org/appfuse/archetypes/appfuse-basic-tapestry/2.0.2/appfuse-basic-tapestry-2.0.2.jar

[DEBUG] Error transferring file: static.appfuse.org

org.apache.maven.wagon.TransferFailedException: Error transferring file:
static.appfuse.org
Caused by: java.net.UnknownHostException: static.appfuse.org

        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:177)

Any help would be appreciated.

Adam