Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Sujit Jagdev <Su...@casero.com> on 2005/02/03 21:35:51 UTC

RE: SMTP_AUTH or not to SMTP_AUTH

Dear All,

I have been using JAMES for over a year. I use it to handle email alerts
from hardware devices on the network. I have configured these devices
with varying userids and passwords as I need the SMTP_AUTH mechanism on.
But, now I have to incorporate devices that cannot support SMTP_AUTH.
These less sophisticated mail clients need to be managed as well.
Is there anyway I can get JAMES to handle mail while toggling SMTP_AUTH
mechanism. Or do I have to install another instance of JAMES to manage
mail from this different sets of devices.
Sujit