Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2017/03/23 21:05:58 UTC

xml entity not found errors start appearing

Hi,

Today, in Eclipse, I see lots of errors of the form

The entity "xyz" was referenced, but not declared.

xyz are things like mdash, minus, larr, etc. which are valid xml entities.

Running the build produces no errors or warnings, and finds these entities, and
uses them, so I think only the Eclipse editor is broken, all of a sudden.

I had upgraded Neon.2 to Neon.3 and thought that was the cause, but it's still
there in a Neon.2 version.  Anyone else seeing this?  Any fixes?

-Marshall

Re: xml entity not found errors start appearing

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
It seems that two things happened, and one (the problem where &mdash; was no
longer recognized as a valid xml entity) has "gone away", perhaps because some
internet site being contacted for validation info went down but then came back.)

The 2nd thing that happened was somehow, many of the projects ran the XML
validator. Perhaps I mis-clicked when right-clicking a project and picking the
action "Validation" by mistake.

Once this runs, it marks all kinds of xml files with errors.

Some of these may be genuine errors, which nevertheless may not affect
formatting. For example, the DTD used for our docbook files says what inner xml
elements are allowed for each Docbook element.  The <book> element, for instance
is not allowed to contain an element that we use, call <xi:include...> (it
includes another xml file).  So this causes a validation "Error", but works fine.

If this happens, you can remove the error markers by right-clicking them in the
problem view, and selecting Delete.

-M

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Hi,

I'm only seeing my Eclipse Neon.2 complain about the japicmp reports.

-- Richard