Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Keith Wiley <kw...@keithwiley.com> on 2010/12/02 19:28:33 UTC

Re: setMaxMapAttempts() isn't working

This still isn't working for me.  My line is simply:

conf.setMaxMapAttempts(1);

I'm using 0.20.1+152 at the moment.  Admittedly, I need to upgrade, but still, shouldn't this work?

On Nov 5, 2010, at 16:55 , Ted Yu wrote:

> I checked cdh3b2.
> From TaskInProgress:
>  private void setMaxTaskAttempts() {
>    if (isMapTask()) {
>      this.maxTaskAttempts = conf.getMaxMapAttempts();
>    } else {
>
> It should work.
> What hadoop version are you using ?
>
> On Fri, Nov 5, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Keith Wiley <kw...@keithwiley.com> wrote:
>
>> Has anyone else observed setMaxMapAttempts() not having any effect?  I'm
>> still seeing four attempts per mapper task.

Keith Wiley               kwiley@keithwiley.com               www.keithwiley.com

"You can scratch an itch, but you can't itch a scratch. Furthermore, an itch can
itch but a scratch can't scratch. Finally, a scratch can itch, but an itch can't
scratch. All together this implies: He scratched the itch from the scratch that
itched but would never itch the scratch from the itch that scratched."
  -- Keith Wiley