Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Alex Potsides <al...@achingbrain.net> on 2014/02/13 16:34:03 UTC

Maven Site Plugin and report plugins that need dependencies declared

I'm sorry if this question has been asked already but I couldn't find much
in the archives.

I'm trying to convert some existing build plugins to instead be report
plugins with v3.3 of maven-site-plugin.  One of the plugins needs an extra
dependency to be specified.  When it lived as a direct child of
build/plugins this was ok, but when I do this sort of thing:

<plugin>
  <version>3.3</version>
  <configuration>
    <reportPlugins>
     <plugin>
       <groupId>..</groupId>
       <artifactId>..</artifactId>
       <version>..</version>
       <dependencies>
         <dependency>
           <artifactId>..</artifactId>
           <groupId>..</groupId>

I get:

Cannot find setter, adder nor field in
org.apache.maven.reporting.exec.ReportPlugin for 'dependencies'

Is this sort of configuration not possible?

Thanks in advance.

Alex Potsides

Re: Maven Site Plugin and report plugins that need dependencies declared

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
yes :)

it has taken a few maven-site-plugin releases to really understand we had make
a mistake switching to something that was finally not ready, and document it to
have a chance people understand the rationale

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Alex Potsides <al...@achingbrain.net>.

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Feb 14, 2014 at 7:55 AM, Alex Potsides <al...@achingbrain.net> wrote:
> E.g. as an additional
> dependency of the maven-site-plugin itself?

Yes.

> If so, I tried that [...] The maven-site-plugin does not appear to
> share it's classpath with child reportPlugins and quite rightly so.

Boo.

Re: Maven Site Plugin and report plugins that need dependencies declared

Posted by Alex Potsides <al...@achingbrain.net>.
Not sure I follow.  Are you saying that if I need to add a dependency to a
project.build.plugins.plugin.configuration.reportPlugins.plugin I should do
it at project.build.plugins.plugin instead?  E.g. as an additional
dependency of the maven-site-plugin itself?  If so, I tried that and was
unsurprised when it didn't work.  The maven-site-plugin does not appear to
share it's classpath with child reportPlugins and quite rightly so.

Following Hervé's advice I'm now using the older project.reporting.plugins
config instead.  However due to
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSITE-444(unresolved since 2007)
project.reporting.plugins.plugin can't hold a
dependencies element so the whole thing is a bust.

a.

Posted by jieryn <ji...@gmail.com>.