Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Iori Honda <pa...@nifty.com> on 2005/06/16 08:05:59 UTC

[users@httpd] apache 1.3.33 Timeout on CGI

I build apache 1.3.33 on Solaris and run test cgi which
fources timeout on httpd. It seems Internet explorer
trys re-connection to httpd server when timeout from apache
happens. The same URL is called 2-3 times. This is strange.
But this is a browser issue.

I checked apache behavior when timeout happens. I used this
simple cgi to see what happens when timeout happens.
This program is dedicated to simulate a long run cgi application.

---
#!/usr/bin/perl

for ($i=0;$i<60*7;$i++){
sleep(1);
}
print "Content-Type: text/html\n\n";
print "test cgi end\n";
--

I used etherreal to check packet between httpd and browser.
After 300 seconds passed (default Timeout time), httpd

Looking at timeout() function in httpd, httpd just close socket
by using close().

Is this expected behavior ? Why httpd does not send
any error code/message to client ? From browser, httpd disconnects
abruptly. This is not friendly.

---
Iori Honda
patriot_blue@nifty.com