Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alex Pilson <al...@flagshipinteractive.com> on 2003/02/16 16:10:51 UTC

[users@httpd] need user auth recommendation

I have a new x server with 10.2.3 and have set it up with a custom
httpd. One of the dilemmas I have been faced with is how to manage
"realm" users and the directories for many sites. I have been using
.htaccess and.htpasswd, but it seems kind of
out-of-sight-out-of-mind. Is there a better way to manage users and
locations for realms more visually? I have WebMin, can I do that
there? Do I need to use dbmange?

Thanks any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
--
<--------------------------------------------------------------->
     Alex Pilson

[users@httpd] cont. need user auth recommendation

Posted by Alex Pilson <al...@flagshipinteractive.com>.
Ok, after some research i think the mod_auth_mysql is what I want to use:

Anyone using this? I am stumped on a few things...

1) does apache have to be recompiled for it to work? Or is there .so
or .c files out there to drop into apache libexec?
2) if so, how? I have never compiled my own apache in OS X.

Thanks.
--