Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> on 2013/11/13 22:39:47 UTC

Another beta vs patches & final?

Hi All

It's now almost 2 months since our last beta release. What do people think
about the next release? Do we roll another beta, to get feedback? Or do we
all make a big push to get the outstanding patches applied (of which there
are still a lot...), then go for 3.10 final in a few weeks, once we've all
pitched in and got the patches reviewed / tweaked / applied?

Nick

Re: Another beta vs patches & final?

Posted by Andreas Beeker <an...@gmx.de>.
Hi Nick,

is there actually any difference between releasing the final vs. another beta?
e.g. an extended testsuite? crosschecks with tika?

Not sure, if this makes sense, but I think fixing the BiffViewer or its test cases would be a nice
feature for a final milestone.

Andi