Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Sebastien Cesbron <sc...@ifrance.com> on 2001/02/12 18:25:55 UTC

Localisation

I have a simple question about localisation :

If there is multiple users using the same localisation parameters : do
they share a common ResourceBundle instance or do they have their own
one.
It seems to me that each user has his own ResourceBundle instance but
does that affect the performance of the application.

Thanks in advance

Sebastien Cesbron

Re: Localisation

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
Sebastien Cesbron wrote:

> I have a simple question about localisation :
>
> If there is multiple users using the same localisation parameters : do
> they share a common ResourceBundle instance or do they have their own
> one.
> It seems to me that each user has his own ResourceBundle instance but
> does that affect the performance of the application.

The application's message resource bundles are shared across all of the users of a
particular Struts-based web application.  The only thing that is unique to a
particular user is the java.util.Locale object (stored in the user's session) that
represents his or her current Locale preferences.

> Thanks in advance
>
> Sebastien Cesbron

Craig