Posted to user@lenya.apache.org by Ghe Rivero <gh...@upsa.es> on 2004/06/16 12:03:56 UTC

LDAP users

Hi people,
	we need to choose a cms and lenya is one of our options. We need to
connect it to a LDAP directory to retrieve the users but we don't know
how to do it. Anybody knows a good link  where to look for it? Thx in
advanced.

	Ghe Rivero
--
Pienso, Luego Incordio

 .''`.     Ghe Rivero <gh...@upsa.es>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin, and user
`. `'`

1024D/6E6D04E6
PGP Fingerprint 0D7E E5AD BBD3 6E2D 42EC  F91D AF80 C2C5 6E6D 04E6

Re: LDAP users

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.
Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch> writes:

> On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Christian Egli wrote:
>
> > Ghe Rivero <gh...@upsa.es> writes:
> >
> > > 	Where can i find the description and different options of the ldap.
> > > properties file?
> > > 	it should go in the tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/config/ac/
> > > passwd in that directory?
> >
> > Afaik at the moment the only desription is in the README, the comments
> > in the properties file and in the Javadocs of LDAPUser.java.
>
> You probably have to talk with the one who is managing the LDAP server.
> As far as i know the settings are quite standard ldap.

Yes, they are. But it depends on the schema you are using in your
LDAP. You can configure most (if not all) things in the properties
file. If it does not adapt to your LDAP settings it is a bug and
should be fixed.

--
Christian Egli       christian.egli@wyona.net   +41 1 272 9161
                     Wyona AG, Hardstrasse 219, CH-8005 Zurich

Re: LDAP users

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Christian Egli wrote:

> Ghe Rivero <gh...@upsa.es> writes:
>
> > 	Where can i find the description and different options of the ldap.
> > properties file?
> > 	it should go in the tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/config/ac/
> > passwd in that directory?
>
> Afaik at the moment the only desription is in the README, the comments
> in the properties file and in the Javadocs of LDAPUser.java.

You probably have to talk with the one who is managing the LDAP server.
As far as i know the settings are quite standard ldap.

Jann

Re: LDAP users

Posted by Christian Egli <ch...@wyona.net>.

Re: LDAP users

Posted by Ghe Rivero <gh...@upsa.es>.
El jue, 17-06-2004 a las 11:43, +0200, Jann Forrer escribió:
> We also use LDPA for our users and all works well. We only had problems if
> the configuration of the ldap server within ldap.properties have been
> wrong or if we did not use the appropraiate .keystore and CACertificate.
> By the wya, you can find a short explanation whithin the README file in
> config/ac/passwd.
>
> Jann

	Where can i find the description and different options of the ldap.
properties file?
	it should go in the tomcat/webapps/lenya/lenya/pubs/default/config/ac/
passwd in that directory?

	Thx in advanced
--
Pienso, Luego Incordio

 .''`.     Ghe Rivero <gh...@upsa.es>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin, and user
`. `'`

Re: LDAP users

Posted by Jann Forrer <ja...@id.unizh.ch>.

Re: LDAP users

Posted by Ghe Rivero <gh...@upsa.es>.
El mié, 16-06-2004 a las 17:33, +0200, Gregor J. Rothfuss escribió:

> lenya can do it. the default publication doesn't have it implemented in
> the GUI though. for an example of an implementation, download the
> university publication from wyona.org and look at
>
> config/ac/passwd/ldap.properties
> config/ac/passwd/.keystore
> config/ac/passwd/CACertificate

	Apart of this, something else is necesary to connect to a ldap?¿

	Ghe Rivero

PD.- Sorry if the questions are so simple (well, stupid) but in my
university we need to choose a CMS and at this moment we have 7
installed and i cannot take a deep look to all of then.

	If anybody is interested the ones we more options are:
	Tamino/Turcana (Software AG), opencms, lenya, plone

--
Pienso, Luego Incordio

 .''`.     Ghe Rivero <gh...@upsa.es>
: :'  :    proud Debian admin, and user
`. `'`

Re: LDAP users

Posted by "Gregor J. Rothfuss" <gr...@apache.org>.
Ghe Rivero wrote:

> 	we need to choose a cms and lenya is one of our options. We need to
> connect it to a LDAP directory to retrieve the users but we don't know
> how to do it. Anybody knows a good link  where to look for it? Thx in
> advanced.

lenya can do it. the default publication doesn't have it implemented in
the GUI though. for an example of an implementation, download the
university publication from wyona.org and look at

config/ac/passwd/ldap.properties
config/ac/passwd/.keystore
config/ac/passwd/CACertificate

the publication also has slightly changed user admin screens in

lenya/xslt/admin

currently, the LDAP properties cannot be set from the Lenya GUI.
ideally, the authentication mechanism should be selectable from the
admin GUI and use the proper XSLT as well.

feel free to file an enhancement bug on these issues.

-gregor

--
Gregor J. Rothfuss
http://wyona.com                   http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya