Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mike Jackson <mj...@barking-dog.net> on 2007/10/16 17:44:45 UTC

AWL: what would happen if...

I work for a large managed hosting company. One of my fellow techs saw a
customer put the following in their /etc/mail/local.cf:

score AWL -100

He asked me (I have a reputation as the local SA "expert") what would
happen, and I couldn't figure it out. I figure it would either override
the dynamic score and always apply -100 if there's a match in the AWL
database, or that the forced score would be ignored. So, which is it, or
an answer C that I couldn't think of?

Re: AWL: what would happen if...

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 10:44:45AM -0500, Mike Jackson wrote:
> happen, and I couldn't figure it out. I figure it would either override
> the dynamic score and always apply -100 if there's a match in the AWL
> database, or that the forced score would be ignored. So, which is it, or
> an answer C that I couldn't think of?

The forced score is ignored.  More specifically, it's overwritten w/ the
dynamic score via the plugin:

      # current AWL score changes with each hit
      for my $set (0..3) {
        $pms->{conf}->{scoreset}->[$set]->{"AWL"} = sprintf("%0.3f", $delta);
      }

--
Randomly Selected Tagline:
He who fears the unknown may one day flee from his own backside.