Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Wayne Rasmuss <wa...@popstarnetworks.com> on 2007/09/08 03:54:46 UTC

SSL Key Management

I need to manage SSL certificates from java application the controls an
instance of geronimo. If I have to use Process.exec to do so that would be
fine. I need to peform the following tasks

Install A certificate
Generate a self signed certificate with a given host name
And generate a certificate request

I've been able to do this with the web console, and I've been able to do it
in tomcat with keytool before. I've found instructions on this formum to do
it, but I've never gotten it to work with geronimo. I looked at the source
code for the web console but I don't know anything about portlets so I
didn't get anywhere.

Does anyone know how to manage ssl certificates programatically?

As a side note, can anyone recommend a consultant that can help me answer
these questions in the future?

Thanks
Wayne Rasmuss
Popstar Networks