Posted to user@tez.apache.org by Subroto Sanyal <sa...@gmail.com> on 2014/11/17 11:07:20 UTC

Native Compression Lib loading failed

Hi,

With HDP-2.1.2 we are encountering the problem of:

2014-09-11 10:14:42,881 ERROR [TezChild]
org.apache.tez.runtime.task.TezTaskRunner: Exception of type Error.
Exiting now
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError:
org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader.buildSupportsSnappy()Z
        at org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader.buildSupportsSnappy(Native
Method)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec.checkNativeCodeLoaded(SnappyCodec.java:63)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.SnappyCodec.getCompressorType(SnappyCodec.java:132)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.CodecPool.getCompressor(CodecPool.java:148)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.compress.CodecPool.getCompressor(CodecPool.java:163)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Writer.init(SequenceFile.java:1198)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$Writer.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1091)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile$BlockCompressWriter.<init>(SequenceFile.java:1441)
        at org.apache.hadoop.io.SequenceFile.createWriter(SequenceFile.java:274)

To workaround the problem we have to set the properties explicitly:

tez.am.launch.env

tez.task.launch.env

Is this a problem with HDP installation?
--
Cheers,
*Subroto Sanyal*

RE: Native Compression Lib loading failed

Posted by Bikas Saha <bi...@hortonworks.com>.
By default, native libs are expected at $HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/lib/native/ for
linux and added to the AM/task launch env via
"LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$HADOOP_COMMON_HOME/lib/native/". For
Windows the PATH is updated with the location instead of LD_LIBRARY_PATH.

If your native libs are in a different location, then the AM/task env would
need to be overridden with the location of the native lib.

Posted by Siddharth Seth <ss...@apache.org>.
Are these direct Tez jobs ?

Posted by Tsuyoshi OZAWA <oz...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hitesh,

--
- Tsuyoshi

Re: Native Compression Lib loading failed

Posted by Hitesh Shah <hi...@apache.org>.
Hi Subroto,