Posted to users@camel.apache.org by Sachin <sa...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/01 14:13:55 UTC

To set client authentication false in SSL communication using Camel-netty 2.6

Hi,

Is there any specific reason to hard code the client authentication to true.
In SSLEngineFactory class i found below:
 serverEngine.setNeedClientAuth(true);

I have a specific requirement to send message from a java client which i
need not to be authenticated.
Please suggest if it's possible.

Regards
Sachin

Re: To set client authentication false in SSL communication using Camel-netty 2.6

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Good idea. I've created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CAMEL-4303 to
track this.

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 6:02 PM, Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Most likely this was just the most common configuration used. Setting the
> > auth required to false is possible though. To do this you'll need to set
> the
> > sslHandler property on the producer URI. For example:
> >
> > ...to("netty:tcp://localhost:12345?sslHandler=#myHandler");
> >
> > You can see how the default SSL handler is created in here
> >
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-netty/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/netty/DefaultClientPipelineFactory.java
> >
> > <
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-netty/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/netty/DefaultClientPipelineFactory.java
> >
> > Cheers,
> > Jon
>
> Maybe we should create a JIRA to make it easier for end users to set
> that option to true|false ?
>

> > On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Sachin <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is there any specific reason to hard code the client authentication to
> >> true.
> >> In SSLEngineFactory class i found below:
> >>  serverEngine.setNeedClientAuth(true);
> >>
> >> I have a specific requirement to send message from a java client which i
> >> need not to be authenticated.
> >> Please suggest if it's possible.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Sachin
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> > --
> > Cheers,
> > Jon
> > ---------------
> > FuseSource
> > Email: jon@fusesource.com
> > Web: fusesource.com
> > Twitter: jon_anstey
> > Blog: http://janstey.blogspot.com
> > Author of Camel in Action: http://manning.com/ibsen
> >

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> FuseSource
> Email: cibsen@fusesource.com
> Web: http://fusesource.com
> Twitter: davsclaus, fusenews
> Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/

Cheers,
Jon
---------------

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jon Anstey <ja...@gmail.com>.
Most likely this was just the most common configuration used. Setting the
auth required to false is possible though. To do this you'll need to set the
sslHandler property on the producer URI. For example:

...to("netty:tcp://localhost:12345?sslHandler=#myHandler");

You can see how the default SSL handler is created in here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-netty/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/netty/DefaultClientPipelineFactory.java

<http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/camel/trunk/components/camel-netty/src/main/java/org/apache/camel/component/netty/DefaultClientPipelineFactory.java>
Cheers,
Jon

On Mon, Aug 1, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Sachin <sa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is there any specific reason to hard code the client authentication to
> true.
> In SSLEngineFactory class i found below:
>  serverEngine.setNeedClientAuth(true);
>
> I have a specific requirement to send message from a java client which i
> need not to be authenticated.
> Please suggest if it's possible.
>
> Regards
> Sachin