Posted to users@flex.apache.org by OmPrakash Muppirala <bi...@gmail.com> on 2014/12/14 18:16:22 UTC

Fwd: [4.14] testing is easy!

For those who want to help out with testing Apache Flex 4.14.  Respond to
dev@flex.apache.org.

Thanks,
Om
Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
(forwarding to dev)

Posted by Mihai Chira <mi...@gmail.com>.
FYI Yesterday I compiled TrafficLIVE (pretty big application; many
sub-projects) against 4.14.0, and the smoke test passed without
problems. We're probably upgrading to 4.14 as soon as it's out. Keep
up the good work, everyone.

Re: Fwd: [4.14] testing is easy!

RE: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Saul Diaz <cr...@gmail.com>.
Ty for the info.. is this the one that have flatspark embedded?

regards

Thanks for  the info, I'll test "4.14.0 RC" with my applications!

Olaf

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl
[Merry Christmas - Frohe Weihnachten - Feliz Navidad - Joyeux Noel - Vesele Vanoce]

________________________________

Edscha Holding GmbH
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Remscheid
Registergericht: Wuppertal, HRB 22889
Geschäftsführung: Francisco J. Riberas Mera, Francisco López Peña, David Vázquez Pascual, Torsten Greiner, Markus Kirchner, Hans-Peter Schulz und Volker Weiss

Vertretungsberechtigt sind nur Geschäftsführer und schriftlich Bevollmächtigte.

Solely Managing Directors or employees with a written proxy have got power of representation.

Der Inhalt dieser E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien ist vertraulich und nur für den Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der bestimmungsgemäße Empfänger sein, ist Ihnen jegliche Offenlegung, Vervielfältigung, Weitergabe oder Nutzung des Inhalts untersagt. Bitte informieren Sie in diesem Fall unverzüglich den Absender und löschen Sie die E-Mail einschließlich etwaiger beigefügter Dateien von Ihrem System. Vielen Dank.

The contents of this e-mail including any attachments are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of its contents is strictly prohibited, and you should please notify the sender immediately and then delete this e-mail including any attachments from your system. Thank you.

AW: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.
> How do you enabled flatspark in 4.14?
I've just found it at the dev list.
For those who like to take a preview to the new flatspark here's a short howto:
https://github.com/akamud/FlatSpark/wiki/How-to-use-FlatSpark-in-your-project

The spark swc library  is located here:
...\ 4.14.0_RC\frameworks\libs\flatspark.swc

Thanks to all the people who make 4.14. possible!

Olaf

From: "Erik de Bruin" <er...@ixsoftware.nl>>

Date: Dec 14, 2014 5:18 AM

To: "dev@flex.apache.org<ma...@flex.apache.org>" <de...@flex.apache.org>>

I. www.ixsoftware.nl<http://www.ixsoftware.nl>

AW: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.

RE: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Saul Diaz <cr...@gmail.com>.
I am loving 4.14 so far.

From: "Erik de Bruin" < <ma...@ixsoftware.nl> erik@ixsoftware.nl>

Date: Dec 14, 2014 5:18 AM

To: " <ma...@flex.apache.org> dev@flex.apache.org" < <ma...@flex.apache.org> dev@flex.apache.org>

I.  <http://www.ixsoftware.nl> www.ixsoftware.nl

RE: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Saul Diaz <cr...@gmail.com>.

RE: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Saul Diaz <cr...@gmail.com>.
I am loving 4.14 so far.

AW: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Krüger, Olaf <OK...@edscha.com>.

Re: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl>.
Devesh,

The easiest way to help out is to download the 4.14 RC nightly build
using the Apache Flex Installer
(http://flex.apache.org/installer.html). In order to make the 4.14 RC
option visible, you right click anywhere on the Installer window and
select 'Show Dev Builds'.

Once the 4.14 RC SDK is installed in your IDE of choice (FB, IntelliJ
etc.), you simply start a new project using this SDK, or you switch
(temporarily) one of your existing projects to this SDK; then you
report any findings (hopefully success!) to this list.

Thanks for helping out!

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [4.14] testing is easy!

Posted by Tom Chiverton <tc...@extravision.com>.
On 17/12/14 10:35, Devesh Mishra(NABFS00) wrote:
> What I am supposed to do in order to test Apache Flex 4.14 ? Kindly let me know.
I install it, and then at least build, deploy to testing and debug our
main applications.

Where there are formal unit tests, run those against the new SDK.

Tom

RE: [4.14] testing is easy!