Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Matus Zamborsky <za...@b-ideas.eu> on 2009/07/15 16:38:58 UTC

Re: [Vysper] processing iq stanza

I was courious about one aspect of stanza routing, and this is the
answer to my question on jabber mailing list.
As I understand it, it solely depends on the imlementation. So my
question here is, does Vysper support inspecting IQ stanza with
appropiate iq handler(in case I wrote such an extension which needs
this), before routing it to foreign domain(I dont really know how much
code need to be written to support interserver communication)?

Posted by Bernd Fondermann <bf...@brainlounge.de>.
Matus Zamborsky wrote:
> I was courious about one aspect of stanza routing, and this is the
> answer to my question on jabber mailing list.
> As I understand it, it solely depends on the imlementation. So my
> question here is, does Vysper support inspecting IQ stanza with
> appropiate iq handler(in case I wrote such an extension which needs
> this), before routing it to foreign domain(I dont really know how much
> code need to be written to support interserver communication)?

Yes, conceptually this is possible. StanzaRelayBroker is responsible for
the routing logic.
But be aware that we currently have no server-to-server federation, so
you will not currently be able to use this and expect changes in this
area in the future.

  Bernd