Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by Shen LI <ge...@gmail.com> on 2010/11/09 00:42:30 UTC

How can I compile and use my own hadoop?

Hi,

How can I compile and use my own hadoop? I modified some source code of
hadoop-0.20.2. Then, I tried to build it with eclipse according to this
tutorial "http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/EclipseEnvironment". It was build
successfully. But when I checked the output in
${Hadoop_HOME}/build/eclipse-classes, I am confused about how to use it? I
mean how can I start-all and run jobs with my hadoop?

Thanks,

Shen

Re: How can I compile and use my own hadoop?

Posted by Wei Xue <si...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Shen Li,

I'm modifying hadoop core code too. I just use the build.xml distributed
along with the source code. It just works.

Posted by Lance Norskog <go...@gmail.com>.
I write simple driver classes and run them from Eclipse. It takes some
fiddling, so if you're not comfortable with that, running it from ant
is your best bet.

--
Lance Norskog
goksron@gmail.com

Re: How can I compile and use my own hadoop?

Posted by Harsh J <qw...@gmail.com>.
Hi,