Posted to dev@ibatis.apache.org by Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/20 18:56:11 UTC

[VOTE] Release iBATIS 2.3

Hi all,

I'd like to release iBATIS 2.3 sometime this week.  The changes listed for
the release are as follows:

 o DEPRECATED All PaginatedList related features due to misuse, minimal
applicability and inflexibility
 o DEPRECATED DAO Framework -- Removed from primary distribution, available
as a separate download
 o Removed DAO framework from Subversion source tree (tagged before removal)
 o Changed deployment file naming convention, dropped "DBL" and lowercased
all
 o Merged common and sqlmap jar files (no more DAO means there's no point in
keeping commons separate)
 o Implemented transaction level PreparedStatement caching
 o Fixed IBATIS-335 - Don't call setQueryTimeout if no value specified
 o Fixed IBATIS-353 - Probe exception when using inheritance hierarchies

Cheers,
Clinton

Re: [VOTE] Release iBATIS 2.3

Posted by Jan Vissers <Ja...@cumquat.nl>.
Agreed!

Brandon Goodin wrote:
> +1 on GA 2.2
> +1 on 2.3 - since we have made changes to the jar organization it
> would be
> good to get it out there. From that point we can begin to work our bug
> fixes. 2.3.x...
>
> On 11/20/06, Clinton Begin <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We can vote for GA anytime, even after another release makes it to GA.
>> The beta, alpha, GA status is always flexible.
>>
>> We could vote for GA on 2.2. right now actually.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Clinton
>>
>> On 11/20/06, j-lists <ja...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Does this mean 2.2 will never be a GA release or that it already is?

>> listed
>> > for

>> > minimal
>> > available