Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Fernando Munoz <fm...@lgecorp.com> on 2002/04/24 01:10:50 UTC

Can't install DB_File-1.803 (for StateDB and CacheDB)

Hi,

I'm working on Solaris 8 and the only optional module that I can't install
successfully is DB_File. The error tah I'm seeing is:

version.c:30:16: db.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'version.o'

I already change '$LIBS = '-ldb'' to '$LIBS = '-lthread'' as is suggested
for Solaris.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Fernando Munoz

Re: Can't install DB_File-1.803 (for StateDB and CacheDB)

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Fernando Munoz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working on Solaris 8 and the only optional module that I can't install
> successfully is DB_File. The error tah I'm seeing is:
>
> version.c:30:16: db.h: No such file or directory
> *** Error code 1
> make: Fatal error: Command failed for target 'version.o'
>
> I already change '$LIBS = '-ldb'' to '$LIBS = '-lthread'' as is suggested
> for Solaris.
>
> Any help will be appreciated.

I am sorry if I did not get to this already ... while I do not have
any recommendations for you on getting DB_File built on your platform,
I can say that SDBM_File, MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File or GDBM are fine
alternatives, so if you already have them working on your platform,
I would give them a shot.  MLDBM::Sync::SDBM_File in particular
tends to be faster when you are writing smaller bits of data to
$Session & $Application, but does not have the limits on key/value
size data that SDBM_File has.

Regards,

Josh