Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "Corey A. Johnson" <cj...@cniweb.net> on 2005/09/09 13:40:27 UTC

Temporary Failure Notices

Morning all,

Is their a way to make james send a notice to the sending party if their
email was not delivered due to a temporary failure?  Right now.. the
user does not get a bounce back until 5 days later..  In other email
servers i have worked with.. i would receive a message like:

"Unable to send your email for last 4 hours.. but will keep trying for 5
days"  type error message.

I have users complaining.. since they do not know a message was not
delivered until 5 days later... (unless it was a permanent failure of
course)

Maybe i have something configured wrong?  Any assistance would be
greatly appreciated.

Using James2.2.0 on Sun Solaris 8 for SPARC.  With JVM 1.4.2_09

Thanks in advance.  TGIF!!!

Cj

--
Corey A. Johnson
Creative Network Innovations

Re: Temporary Failure Notices

Posted by Stefano Bagnara <ap...@bago.org>.
Sorry, but James 2.2.0 does not provide this feature.
I've worked on this in my DSN patch but we'll not introduce it before
james-3.0.

Stefano