Posted to user@ant.apache.org by robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> on 2007/02/17 12:20:15 UTC

Importing antlibs

the import task (shipped with 1.7 and - as far as i can tell - in trunk)
accepts 'file' and 'optional'  parameters. i quite often use this is set
up template builds with common targets for modules which can then
override when necessary. i use a lot of macro's and factoring these into
antlibs helps keep them tidy.

being able to import from an antlib would allow these template builds to
be tidied up as well. this would allow everything required for the build
to be bundled together and help to avoid having to keep paths for these
templates available.

so, i've been wondering whether it would make sense to generalise import
to allow URIs to be imported rather than just file resources and in
particular, namespaced antlib imports.

would this be a bad idea?

any have any better solutions?

- robert

Re: Importing antlibs

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007, robert burrell donkin <rd...@apache.org> wrote:

> so, i've been wondering whether it would make sense to generalise
> import to allow URIs to be imported rather than just file resources
> and in particular, namespaced antlib imports.

We've been discussing this before and it is on the list for 1.8, come
and join the dev list 8-)

The main issue is resolution of relative paths which Ant currently
doesn't support for anything but local files.  Nothing that was
impossible to change.

Stefan