Posted to user@spark.apache.org by chandan prakash <ch...@gmail.com> on 2016/05/01 04:29:38 UTC

spark.streaming.concurrentJobs parameter in Spark Streaming

I have a doubt regarding this spark.streaming.concurrentJobs parameter.

Setting
 spark.streaming.concurrentJobs =2
 i can see 2 parallel jobs getting processed.

But setting
spark.streaming.concurrentJobs =10,
 *i can still see only 4-5 concurrent jobs getting processed and other jobs
getting queued while many cores in my machine remain ideal*.
I have 2 machines of 24 cores each for spark processing.
*Any reason why jobs getting queued when concurrent jobs parameter allows
more jobs and there are available cores as well ?*

​

Chandan Prakash

Re: spark.streaming.concurrentJobs parameter in Spark Streaming

Posted by chandan prakash <ch...@gmail.com>.
i figured it out.  :)
My observation was wrong.
i was looking at concurrent batches being executed while i should have
looked ta concurrent jobs being executed.
Each batch can have multiple jobs within itself depending upon the code
logic e.g. for my case, every batch has 4 jobs.
So at any given time, total 10 jobs indeed were running ( as per
spark.streaming.concurrentJobs
=10 parameter ) which can span over 3 or more batches.

Posted by chandan prakash <ch...@gmail.com>.
executors tab show info about tasks and executor id . there are 2 executors
in my case as there are 2 machine node, each with 24 cores and 64gb ram.

if you meant Environment tab, then yes show number of concurrent jobs same
as what i assigned e.g. 10

Thanks,
Chandan

Posted by Akhil Das <ak...@sigmoidanalytics.com>.