Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/06 22:56:24 UTC

[OT] FYI: IE6 and the AJAX thread

I just wasted quite a bit of time debugging another IE quirk, and I
couldn't find the solution on the web, so I wanted to post it here
hoping to save others from the same pain.

I was getting the old "This page contains both secure and non secure
items." warning. The kicker was that there was no frame, iframe or any
CSS, JS or image tags that were not secure.

After a bunch of testing, I remembered that IE doesn't like updating
the UI on the AJAX "thread". I was calling a JavaScript function that
changed the DOM in the callback from AjaxAnywhere (which is IE
invoking the "onreadystatechange" function)

To "fix" the issue, I simply added a check for internet explorer, and
if it was, then I run my "after AJAX" function using
window.setTimeout('myfunction()', 1)

Not the best code in the world, but IE doesn't throw the error anymore.