Posted to dev@isis.apache.org by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk> on 2012/11/04 17:20:42 UTC

Moving svn location

All,

per [1], it seems that we don't need infra to actually move our SVN tree,
we can just do it ourselves.

I know that several in the community (I include myself here) are keen to
move to GIT, but I think we should probably distinguish between the
standard set of graduation tasks (moving out our code from under the
incubator branch) vs. a change in policy in how we work, that is using GIT
rather than SVN.

The guidance in [1] doesn't suggest that we need any sort of vote on it,
it's just a task to be done.  And since it doesn't impact anyone (when it
is done, it'll just need an svn switch to be performed), I'm going to try
to do it later on today and see if I have the karma.

Thus... this is just an fyi,

Thanks
Dan

[1] http://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#transfer

Re: Moving svn location

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.
okay, further to this, it would seem that I don't have the necessary karma.
 So I shall raise an INFRA ticket to do this instead.

Dan

Re: Moving svn location

Posted by Dan Haywood <da...@haywood-associates.co.uk>.