Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Manuel Le Normand <ma...@gmail.com> on 2013/05/12 22:37:46 UTC

Exceptions on startup & shutdown for solr 4.3 on Tomcat 7

Hello,
The upgrade from 4.2.1 to 4.3 on Tomcat 7 didn't go successfully, and I get
many exceptions I didn't see in the earlier version. The services on
different servers are up, I can access admin UI, create collections etc.
but service startup and shutdown seem quite buggy. I tried reseting early
configs but got back to the same situation. The given situation happens
even on instances without any cores.

On startup I get:
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve invoke
SEVERE: Servlet.service() for servlet [default] in context with path
[/solr] threw exception
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Cannot call sendError() after the response
has been committed at
org.apache.catalina.connector.ResonseFacade.sendError(ResponseFacade.java:451)
at
org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.sendError(SolrDispatchFiletr.java:692)

some debugging showed that the IllegalState came from the fact many of
these exceptions were sent in same time:
[ERROR] org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter
null:ClientAbortExcpetion:java.net.SocketException: Connection reset at
org.apache.catalina.connector.OutputBuffer.doBuffer.doFlush(OutputBuffer.java:346)
... caused by: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset at
java.net.SocketOutputStream.socketWrite(Unknown Source)

On shutdown I get:

INFO: Waiting for 200 instance(s) to be deallocated
SEVERE: The web application [/solr] appears to have started a thread named
[localhost-startStop-1-SendThread(zookeeper3:2181)] but has failed to stop
it. This is very likely to create a memory leak.

the last SEVERE comes back many times (~10 times) with a different thread
every occurance.

 The same configs with Tomcat6 and Solr 4.3 worked well for me on startup
but same exceptions on shutdown.

Any ideas what might this come from?

Re: Exceptions on startup & shutdown for solr 4.3 on Tomcat 7

Posted by Manuel Le Normand <ma...@gmail.com>.
Ok! Will check eventually if it's an ACE issue and will upload the stack
trace in case something else is throwing theses exceptions...

Thanks meanwhile

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.