Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by marco <ma...@hotmail.com> on 2002/02/06 10:11:02 UTC

debug xsp

Please advise how to debug xsp programs (Any tools).

A web page used to be viewed normal. After I made some changes the xsp file,
the web browser shows "page not found". No hints for debugging xsp file.

Re: debug xsp

Posted by Christian Schmitt <cs...@ffzj0ia9.bank.dresdner.net>.
Marco,
I found that debugging XSP pages is quite OK using the JSwat
debugger (http://www.bluemarsh.com/java/jswat/index.html).

Hth,
Christian

Re: debug xsp

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@dff.st>.
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, marco wrote:

> Please advise how to debug xsp programs (Any tools).
>
> A web page used to be viewed normal. After I made some changes the xsp file,
> the web browser shows "page not found". No hints for debugging xsp file.

I found looking into the repository (the generated java code) the best way
to debug XSP.

Hm... just an idea guys: currently we only show the stacktrace of the
exception. Wouldn't it be cool to parse the Exception for the line number
and show the generated java sourcecode (or an excerpt) with the buggy
line highlighted?
--
Torsten

Re: debug xsp

Posted by Matt Sergeant <ma...@sergeant.org>.
On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, Matt Sergeant wrote:

> On Wed, 6 Feb 2002, marco wrote:
>
> > Please advise how to debug xsp programs (Any tools).
> >
> > A web page used to be viewed normal. After I made some changes the xsp file,
> > the web browser shows "page not found". No hints for debugging xsp file.
>
> Unfortunately debugging XSPs is hard. The only thing I can suggest is to
> crank up your AxDebugLevel and see what's in the error log.

Argh. Wrong list. Sorry :-(

--
<!-- Matt -->
<:->Get a smart net</:->