Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by ji...@hyperreal.org on 1998/02/21 15:57:48 UTC

Re: os-freebsd/1450: FreeBSD Configure needs additional tuning (ctype and regex)

Synopsis: FreeBSD Configure needs additional tuning (ctype and regex)

State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
State-Changed-By: jim
State-Changed-When: Sat Feb 21 06:57:47 PST 1998
State-Changed-Why:
We know determine if we are FreeBSD 3 or earlier. If v3,
then we add -funsigned-char and use System regex
(fixed in 1.3b6)

Re: os-freebsd/1450: FreeBSD Configure needs additional tuning (ctype and regex)

Posted by Андрей Чернов <ac...@nagual.pp.ru>.
On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 10:43:27AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> My point is that I would prefer more feedback about whether this
> would break things with the countless thousands of others out
> there running FreeBSD 2xversions. I would prefer to be conservative.
> I for one would not want to change things so close to a real
> release for such a popular OS.

I am maintainer of FreeBSD apache-current port. This port includes my
unsigned char and regex changes both and have been tested already too many
times on v2* versions, as I say. I see no one report that somebody have
problems with this changes.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ac...@nietzsche.net>

Re: os-freebsd/1450: FreeBSD Configure needs additional tuning (ctype and regex)

Posted by Андрей Чернов <ac...@nagual.pp.ru>.
On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 10:12:38AM -0500, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> Since this is the only report, and it specifically mentions
> that the OS used is FreeBSD 3, I'd prefer to be conservative at
> this point. If FreeBSD2 is the same, I'd like that tested and
> verified before changed.

It is tested and verified already too many times. All FreeBSD versions
have Spencer regex and ctype range suitable for unsigned char.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ac...@nietzsche.net>

Re: os-freebsd/1450: FreeBSD Configure needs additional tuning (ctype and regex)

Posted by Андрей Чернов <ac...@nagual.pp.ru>.
On Sat, Feb 21, 1998 at 02:57:48PM -0000, jim@hyperreal.org wrote:
> [you need to include <ap...@Apache.Org> in the Cc line ]
>

> Synopsis: FreeBSD Configure needs additional tuning (ctype and regex)
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open-closed
> State-Changed-By: jim
> State-Changed-When: Sat Feb 21 06:57:47 PST 1998
> State-Changed-Why:
> We know determine if we are FreeBSD 3 or earlier. If v3,
> then we add -funsigned-char and use System regex
> (fixed in 1.3b6)

Better add -funsigned-char and use system regex for _any_ FreeBSD
version, not especially for v.3 and up.

--
Andrey A. Chernov
<ac...@nietzsche.net>