Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Muthireddy, Sunitha" <su...@experian.com> on 2001/11/06 02:02:40 UTC

I have problem with cocoon on tomcat.

I am trying to call sampleproblem in cocoon samples.

	http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/hello/hello-page.xml

and I get following error:

Unable to open resource: WEB-INF\cocoon.properties
	java.lang.NullPointerException
		at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:131)
		at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doInit(Unknown
Source)
		at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.init(Unknown
Source)
		at org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown
Source)
		at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown Source)
		at org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown
Source)
		at
org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
Source)
		at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown
Source)
		at
org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
Source)
		at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)

I have cocoon.properties in the webapps\cocoon. Can you pls help me in
debuging this problem.

-Sunitha

Re: I have problem with cocoon on tomcat.

Posted by Leo Wong <le...@yahoo.com>.
Try put a "\" before WEB-INF\cocoon.properties

i.e. "\WEB-INF\cocoon.properties"

in the web.xml

Leo

--- "Muthireddy, Sunitha"
<su...@experian.com> wrote:
> I am trying to call sampleproblem in cocoon samples.

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/samples/hello/hello-page.xml

> and I get following error:
>
> Unable to open resource: WEB-INF\cocoon.properties
> 	java.lang.NullPointerException
> 		at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.init(Cocoon.java:131)
> 		at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.doInit(Unknown
> Source)
> 		at
> org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.init(Unknown
> Source)
> 		at

org.apache.tomcat.facade.ServletHandler.service(Unknown
> Source)
> 		at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(Unknown
> Source)
> 		at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(Unknown
> Source)
> 		at

org.apache.tomcat.modules.server.Http10Interceptor.processConnection(Unknown
> Source)
> 		at

org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(Unknown
> Source)
> 		at

org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(Unknown
> Source)
> 		at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
>

> I have cocoon.properties in the webapps\cocoon. Can
> you pls help me in
> debuging this problem.
>
> -Sunitha

> <co...@xml.apache.org>