Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Bill Ervin <be...@admarble.com> on 2004/10/14 20:47:35 UTC

Windows and SA

We currently run SA on a linux server that is maintained by a consultant
because I am a windows server guy and know nothing about linux.  It is
setup as a relay in front of our exchange box.  I am looking to
configure it the same way for w2k.

I have installed SA 3.0 and pearl 5.8.4 build 810 on a windows 2000 sp4
machine.  I ran the tests, everything seems to be working with SA.

My question is, what software can I use to scan and forward the mail?  I
know our linux system uses mailscanner and sendmail.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank You,

Bill Ervin

System Administrator

A.D. Marble & Company

484 533 2507

Re: Windows and SA

Posted by kaiser suse <ei...@mainphrame.com>.
Bill Ervin said:
> We currently run SA on a linux server that is maintained by a consultant
> because I am a windows server guy and know nothing about linux.  It is
> setup as a relay in front of our exchange box.  I am looking to
> configure it the same way for w2k.

Obviously it can't be configured the same way, there might be some rough
approximation - no idea about specific windows details, but is there some
reason you do not want to learn linux? seems like a good thing to know
these days, and all the more so as time goes on...

just my 02 euros,

RE: Windows and SA

Posted by Bret Miller <br...@wcg.org>.
You wouldn't have to run it the same way... If you check the wiki,
there's an option to integrate it with Exchange, which in your case
might be better. Or see http://www.spamblogging.com/archives/000069.html
which describes how to do it.

Essentially, to run it as you do now, you'd need something to act as a
MTA that can call SA. Assuming you're looking for a free solution, the
Exchange integration may be the best you can do.

Bret

  _____