Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2020/01/15 20:42:01 UTC

Re: Re: "Using an IDE" Page outdated (Openjfx)

Anyone on the Netbeans community want to provide any updates on the openjfx IDE page listed below?

Eric Bresie
Ebresie@gmail.com

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for starting this...

I added some more updates to the JavaFX section...

Thanks again

-Sven

On Sun, Feb 16, 2020 at 12:28 AM Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Discovered I opened an account several years ago I forgot all about.  Think
> I edited the page then pushed the big green button a couple times.
>
> Let me know if I have to do something else.....That video will help a
> number of people I'm sure.
>
> On Sat, Feb 15, 2020 at 2:50 PM Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Can you point to the page where you would like the YouTube clip to be
> > listed?
> >
> > As you do that, notice the link at the bottom of the page for getting to
> > the source of the page. Then edit the page online and prove your PR.
> >
> > Gj
> >
> > On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 at 23:43, Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I have NO idea how to do that!!  I'd probably crash the whole system
> > trying
> > > something like that!

> > where

> searching
> > > for

> > geertjan@apache.org

> neilcsmith@apache.org>

> the
> which
> > > I'm

> visit:

Sven Reimers

* Java Champion
* Apache NetBeans PMC: http://netbeans.apache.org
* JUG Leader JUG Bodensee: https://www.meetup.com/JUG-Bodensee
* Duke's Choice Award Winner 2009 & 2018

* LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/svenreimers

Re: Re: "Using an IDE" Page outdated (Openjfx)

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.
prove/provide

Gj

Posted by Sven Reimers <sv...@gmail.com>.
Do not worry... we all learn along the way...

;-)

Thanks for getting the thing started..

-Sven

P.S. I hope https://github.com/apache/netbeans-website/pull/450 will do the
trick

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.
Oh, ok.  Thanks.  They aren't numbered so I got confused.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.
On Sat, 15 Feb 2020 at 21:04, Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> https://openjfx.io/openjfx-docs/

+1

Posted by Chuck Davis <cj...@gmail.com>.
I think this is a much better resource for JavaFX.

https://openjfx.io/openjfx-docs/

It would also be nice to have a tutorial @ netbeans.apache.org in the
"learn" section.  Netbeans can, at last, create a FX project that
compiles.  It does not yet create an environment that will "run" it by
default.  That is going to be very confusing to people kicking the tires on
FX to see if it's a place they want to go.  The above reference provides
enough help to get the project to run outside Netbeans using a shell
script.  The module path can also be defined as a project property under
the "run" options but new users are probably not going to understand
defining the module path which the above reference describes.

Posted by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com>.