Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com> on 2014/02/12 17:16:24 UTC

copying a template from random zone

LS,

It seems that when instantiating a vm from a template cloudstack tries
to copy the template from a random secondary storage

the result is that the copy from secondary storage to primary fails
and thus instantiation of the vm.

This is in 4.2.1 but I looked into the master code and it seems to
still call code that uses a random result for the origin of the
template. Any of the storage guru's know if my analysis is correct and
how to handle this?

--
Daan

Re: copying a template from random zone

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
ok that explains that I first thought it wouldn't and then that it
would work. I started at master and today looked at 4.3. As soon as we
have a 4.3 in one of our multi-zone envs I will verify.

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
One correction, fix is not present in master, Edison will cherry-pick it
there soon.

Thanks
-min

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.