Posted to dev@trafodion.apache.org by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com> on 2015/07/14 02:17:39 UTC

Assignment of Trafodion JIRAs

Hi,

A question has come up concerning how JIRA works. I'm hoping perhaps one of
the mentors can advise.

I've heard that contributors can assign JIRAs to themselves in other Apache
projects (such as HBase). I think we would like to have the same ability in
Trafodion.

Looking at the set of JIRAs for Trafodion so far, most are unassigned. So I
am guessing that except for administrators folks are not able to assign
themselves to the JIRAs they write.

I've done a little looking into how to make it possible. There is a
Permissions page in JIRA that administrators can fiddle with. (Here it is,
but perhaps you have to be an administrator to see it:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/plugins/servlet/project-config/TRAFODION/permissions.)
On that page, I don't see an option for permitting folks to self-assign. I
do see one for allowing folks to assign to each other though and we could
solve the problem for Trafodion by simply adding all committers to that
list. Is this a good idea? (Mentors, please comment.)

So a question to the mentors: How do other projects work? Is it the case
that there is no separate privilege to self-assign?

A question to Trafodion contributors: Have any of you (besides
contributors) been able to self-assign?

And a more practical question: Are there any outstanding JIRAs that you'd
like to have assigned to you? If so, just reply to me and I can assign it
to you.

Thanks,

Dave

Re: Assignment of Trafodion JIRAs

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Right now the JIRA admins are: Stack, Alice Chen, Suresh, Steve Varnau and
me.

Dave

Posted by Dave Birdsall <da...@esgyn.com>.
Hi Selva,