Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jorge Alonso de Armiño Escudero <ja...@abysal.com> on 2003/04/08 17:37:17 UTC

Problems with RequestDispatcher

Hi all,

I have a servlet that acts as a Flow-controller. Depending on a parameter gets a RequestDispatcher and makes forward() or include() to a JSP.

When i do the forward() or include() methods i get a StackOverFlow.

I try to get information with try,catch clauses, but all the information is null ( getMessage(), getCause(), etc...)

If i call directly the JSP file it works fine.

The only difference i see is that when i call the include() or forward() methods of the RequestDispatcher from the servlet, i pass a Subclass of HttpServletResponseWrapper().
I've tried passing the original response, and i get the same result.

Can anybody help me?

I'm using tomcat4.1.18

Thanks in advance for your help.
Jorge

Re: Problems with RequestDispatcher

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
If you are getting a StackOverFlow - you are probably calling something
recursively (directly or indirectly) until your reach the stack limit. Can
you post a stack trace?

-Tim