Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/27 12:36:47 UTC

problem with jscookmenu

hello all,
 i have huuuuuge problems iwth jscookmenu..... :(
i have downloaded, from nightly, tomahawk-1.1.2 and myfaces-core-1.1.2
i took the jscookmenu sample from apps and 'adapted' to my app (at hte end i
reduced it to folloowing lines)

<%@include file="/taglibs.jsp"%>
<%@include file="/inc/head.inc"%>

<f:view>
    <f:loadBundle
        basename="org.apache.myfaces.examples.resource.example_messages"
        var="example_messages" />
    <t:jscookMenu layout="vbr" theme="ThemeOffice">
        <%/* Availaible jscookMenu themes: ThemeIE, ThemeMiniBlack,
ThemeOffice, ThemePanel
             Availaible jscookMenu layout: hbr, hbl, hur, hul, vbr, vbl,
vur, vul
             respect to Heng Yuan http://www.cs.ucla.edu/~heng/JSCookMenu
        */%>

                <t:navigationMenuItem id="nav_1" actionListener="#{
navigationMenu.actionListener}"
            itemLabel="nav_Home" itemValue="insertExpense"
action="insertExpense"/>

    </t:jscookMenu>
</f:view>
<%@include file="/inc/page_footer.jsp"%>

i added 'config data' for jscookmenu in my faces-config.xml

 <component>
        <component-type>org.apache.myfaces.JSCookMenu</component-type>
        <component-class>
org.apache.myfaces.custom.navmenu.jscookmenu.HtmlCommandJSCookMenu
</component-class>
 </component>

 <renderer>
        <component-family>javax.faces.Command</component-family>
        <renderer-type>org.apache.myfaces.JSCookMenu</renderer-type>
        <renderer-class>
org.apache.myfaces.custom.navmenu.jscookmenu.HtmlJSCookMenuRenderer
</renderer-class>
    </renderer>

and when i click on a menuitem i am gettign following exception in my logs

11:12:48,582 WARN  [ReducedHTMLParser] Invalid tag found: unexpected input
while
 looking for attr name or '/>' at line 287
11:12:48,582 WARN  [ReducedHTMLParser] Invalid tag found: unexpected input
while
 looking for attr name or '/>' at line 290

i have checked the myfaces-example, but i m not really sure if jscookmenu is
working there since whenever i click
on any link, the main page does not change.....

can anyone help me out? is there still something that i need to configure?

thanks in advancea nd regards
 marco

Re: problem with jscookmenu

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
Hello all,
 can anyone explain me what is the pr oper bean to be configured iwth
jscookmenu?
in examples, it is listed as

org.apache.myfaces.examples.misc.NavigationMenu

but i guess that package does not come byd efault iwth tomahawk / myfaces.

anyone could clarify?

thanks and regards
 marco

Re: problem with jscookmenu