Posted to users@camel.apache.org by dacc <da...@exaptic.com> on 2012/03/21 00:54:05 UTC

CloudWatch Capability for AWS Component?

Hello All,

I'm considering adding a CloudWatch capability to the AWS component.  Does
this sound useful and/or is someone already working on it?

I'm writing an event-driven application that responds to changing metric
values in CloudWatch, and I'd like to use the same Akka/Camel message
pipeline I already have in place.

Cheers,

- Dan

Re: CloudWatch Capability for AWS Component?

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
It could be interesting and Camel community love contribution.
Please fill a JIRA with the patch, if you come up with full feature
implementation.

On Wed Mar 21 07:54:05 2012, dacc wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm considering adding a CloudWatch capability to the AWS component.  Does
> this sound useful and/or is someone already working on it?
>
> I'm writing an event-driven application that responds to changing metric
> values in CloudWatch, and I'd like to use the same Akka/Camel message
> pipeline I already have in place.
>
> Cheers,
>
> - Dan

Willem
----------------------------------
FuseSource
Web: http://www.fusesource.com
         http://jnn.javaeye.com (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: willemjiang

Re: CloudWatch Capability for AWS Component?

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys.
I'm writing a camel component for cloudwatch. It turned out to be an easy
integration.

Bilgin

Posted by Marco Zapletal <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by dacc <da...@exaptic.com>.
Hey Bilgin,

Posted by Bilgin Ibryam <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Dan,

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 12:54 AM, dacc <da...@exaptic.com> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I'm considering adding a CloudWatch capability to the AWS component.  Does
> this sound useful and/or is someone already working on it?
>
> I'm writing an event-driven application that responds to changing metric
> values in CloudWatch, and I'd like to use the same Akka/Camel message
> pipeline I already have in place.

Sounds great. We love contributions

Is CloudWatch an API from AWS? Do you have a little more details about this?

> Cheers,
>
> - Dan

Claus Ibsen
FuseSource