Posted to dev@phoenix.apache.org by Istvan Toth <st...@apache.org> on 2020/12/10 14:21:09 UTC

[DISCUSS] Fixing non-standard maven module structure in core and connectors

Hi!

When we added the compatibility modules to phoenix we broke that standard
maven structure, as the compatibility modules are NOT the children of the
main module, but standalone modules.

Maven expects the whole project to be a single tree, not a forest. This
results in maven throwing warnings at startup, and some maven functions,
like version:set not working. (Which I had to hack around in the release
scripts)

Richard Antal has found a way to fix the maven structure, basically by
adding another common ancestor module to the old main module, and the
compatibility modules.

The change itself is low risk, and no java code is touched, but as this
would move around most files in the repo, I'd like to ask for more
reviewers, especially from the SFDC side.

The ticket is https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PHOENIX-6261
and the PR for is https://github.com/apache/phoenix-connectors/pull/44

 The PR is for the phoenix-connectors repo, but the problem is the same in
core, and the fix would directly apply there.

regards

Istvan

Re: [DISCUSS] Fixing non-standard maven module structure in core and connectors

Posted by Istvan Toth <st...@apache.org>.
We've found a way to reparent the compatibility modules without changing
the rest of the module structure, which makes this a no-brainer.