Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Zoran Avtarovski <zo...@sparecreative.com> on 2016/08/16 10:06:51 UTC

I18N Interceptor Change

HI Guys,

We have an old project which has been happily working for years. Recently we updated it to 2.5.x which was surprisingly easy.

One issue we did run into which was quite annoying was the I18N Interceptor now validates locales against the list of default available locales in this bit of code:

if (locale != null && !Arrays.asList(Locale.getAvailableLocales()).contains(locale)) {

    locale = Locale.getDefault();

}

The problem is our app is for refugees and not all the languages in in the available locales array. This must be relatively new as it worked in the old version 2.x ish.

As a work-around we over-rode the standard interceptor without the validation but I wanted to ask if the sore team could use a parameter to bi-pass the validation.

For example a tag in the struts.xml file:

<interceptor-ref name="I18nInterceptor">

  <param name="validation">

     false

  </param>

</interceptor-ref>

and then access it in the interceptor.

Z.

Re: I18N Interceptor Change

Posted by Johannes Geppert <jo...@apache.org>.
HI Zoran,

can you please register an Issue for this request?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW

Thank you

Johannes

web: http://www.jgeppert.com