Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Zeid Derhally <de...@metrowerks.com> on 2002/11/01 17:24:05 UTC

Need some information

The function mbstowcs in the C library that comes with CodeWarrior, does
not have the same behavior as in other C libraries.  When you pass NULL
as the destination pointer, it will return zero instead of the number of
characters needed to represent the multibyte string in wide character.
The cleanest way in my opinion to work around this for now is to
implement another function that behaves in the expected manner.

As I am new to the xerces development, I was wondering where is it
appropriate to add new files that are relavent to platform, and what is
the practice to calling specific functions on different platforms.  Is
it ok to ifdef the code by C library that is being used?

Thank you for any feedback.

Zeid