Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by rpinzon <rp...@gmail.com> on 2018/07/12 23:13:07 UTC

Nodes distribution/nodes in parallel on one host using Yarn

Hi there,

I've been using Apache Ignite 1.8 in standalone mode for a while and as I'm
upgrading to 2.5.0 I'm trying to use YARN deployment
(https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/yarn-deployment).

I deployed Ignite and it is running fine on YARN using ZooKeeper discovery
but when I increase the number of nodes (IGNITE_NODE_COUNT) seemingly they
start in the same host as the first node started until the host is out of
resources to start another one or when it reaches a total of 5 nodes started
in sequence.

As I didn't found any documentation about node distribution or number of
nodes in parallel on one host I'm concluding this based on some experiments
that I've made.

I found a parameter (/-m/) used with /start/ command
(https://apacheignite-tools.readme.io/v2.5/docs/start-command) in
ignitevisor that apparently do the trick and reinforces what I concluded
about reaching 5 nodes (it's the default value for /-m/).

I'd like to know if there is any option to change this policy when starting
the cluster or if the only option is starting manually through the visor.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Nodes distribution/nodes in parallel on one host using Yarn

Posted by Renan Pinzon <rp...@gmail.com>.
 Hi Ilya,

First of all thanks for your response!

I thought about increasing the resources to prevent more than one node on a
host but I believe that in this case it will be better to keep the cluster
running in standalone mode. Firstly because I won't make use of affinity
between Ignite and Spark cause I won't have resources to run Spark
executors on those hosts. Secondly because I'll decrease the capacity of
resources for data processing with Spark, so I believe it's better to give
resources that are not part of my Hadoop/Spark cluster.

Another solution that I thought about is using YARN's resource pool but
it's somewhat limited in relation to resource management per host.

I'll try to find which property is used during nodes startup to define the
maximum number of parallel nodes per host and fill an issue.

Regards,

Renan T. Pinzon

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!