Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Mark Erbaugh <ma...@microenh.com> on 2007/09/11 16:39:49 UTC

Ofbiz - Inventory

I am setting up Ofbiz to demo manufacturing for a small company.

How does one add products?  The only place I've found in the default
application (Release 4) is FacilityMgr | Facilities | Inventory, but
this seems more appropriate for maintaining inventory in a given
location.

I want to add both finished goods and raw materials so I can set up
BOMs, MRP and Production Runs.

Is there anything else I need to know about the manufacturing option?

Thanks,
Mark

Re: Ofbiz - Inventory

Posted by Mark Erbaugh <ma...@microenh.com>.
On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 16:48 +0200, Jacopo Cappellato wrote:
> yes, the facility can be a warehouse and you maintain inventory in it.
> you create finished goods, raw materials etc... in the Catalog
> application: "Create Product" in fact they are all Products.

Thank you. That looks like what I was looking for.

Mark

Re: Ofbiz - Inventory

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Hi Mark,

Mark Erbaugh wrote:
> I am setting up Ofbiz to demo manufacturing for a small company.
>
> How does one add products?  The only place I've found in the default
> application (Release 4) is FacilityMgr | Facilities | Inventory, but
> this seems more appropriate for maintaining inventory in a given
> location.

yes, the facility can be a warehouse and you maintain inventory in it.
you create finished goods, raw materials etc... in the Catalog
application: "Create Product" in fact they are all Products.

> I want to add both finished goods and raw materials so I can set up
> BOMs, MRP and Production Runs.

Have a look at how the demo product PROD_COST is setup: it has a simple
BOM and you can create production runs for it... it should give you an
idea on how things are modeled.

> Is there anything else I need to know about the manufacturing option?

:-)

Jacopo