Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by Emmanuel Cuevas <ec...@iac.com.mx> on 2001/10/31 17:47:12 UTC

Problems with navigation on templates

Hi everyone !!

I it seems that no long ago I replied an email by accident, sorry  =)

Well, here is my problem:

I want to use more than one template for formating a web page,

but when I try to load a navigation template from a screen template

I just a web page showing the variable names but without format nor data.

I'd like to know how can I achieve such loading process !!

Any suggestion ??

Thanks in advance

--
Emmanuel Cuevas
Senior Developer

ecuevasr@iac.com.mx

"If you gotta go, go with a smile"
                        The Joker

Re: Problems with navigation on templates

Posted by Dan Bachelder <ch...@chowda.net>.
this is a turbine question.. the whole $screen_placeholder and $navigation
this is turbine specific... the placeholder is your "screen" in turbine...
so if you want 2 dynamic things in there just make your "screen" parse two
other VM files...  the syntax is velocity but the semantics are turbine...

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
Please stop the HTML emails.

Where are the Velocimacros?

Also, what is a screen_placeholder?  That isn't a Velocity concept.

Geir

On 11/2/01 11:18 AM, "Emmanuel Cuevas" <ec...@iac.com.mx> wrote:

> Well, I don't tjink it's for thr turbine list, 'case I'm usin' Velocimacros,
> and I feel this question belongs here....   =)
>
> What I'm traing to do, is tho have a page with two dynamic elements without
> using frames....
>
> Cheers !!
>
> Dan Bachelder escribió:
>> this is a turbine question right? you might try the turbine list... I use
>> turbine, but i have not had the need to do what you are doing... sorry..

System and Software Consulting
"He who throws mud only loses ground." - Fat Albert

Re: Problems with navigation on templates

Posted by Emmanuel Cuevas <ec...@iac.com.mx>.

Posted by Dan Bachelder <ch...@chowda.net>.

Posted by Emmanuel Cuevas <ec...@iac.com.mx>.
Hello !!