Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by "Gordon Reid (Nine Mile)" <go...@ninemilefinancial.com> on 2016/12/07 03:18:40 UTC

How can I call a Java Service from .NET

Hi,

We have several Ignite Services running on Java nodes. I want to call these Services from our .NET GUI. How can I do that?

Thanks.
Gordon.

Re: How can I call a Java Service from .NET

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Thank you, Denis, looks good to me.

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Pavel,

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Denis,

Posted by "gordon.reid@ninemilefinancial" <go...@ninemilefinancial.com>.
Champion. Thanks.

ptupitsyn wrote

Posted by Denis Magda <dm...@apache.org>.
Pavel,

Awesome, I didn’t know Service Grid is capable to work this way! You should have documented this feature earlier ;)

However, this statement doesn’t look 100% true
All nodes (Java-only and .NET) should have Java service classes deployed locally. See Ignite Java documentation: Service Grid <https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/service-grid>.

I’ve recently added the documentation that explains how you can manage a service deployment thus “marking” nodes where service classes must located originally
https://apacheignite.readme.io/docs/service-grid#deployment-management

Did you miss it and the doc needs to be updated?

—
Denis

Posted by Pavel Tupitsyn <pt...@apache.org>.
Hi Gordon,