Posted to dev@nemo.apache.org by Rahul Raj <li...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/25 11:20:19 UTC

interested in GSoC 2023 - Expression of Interest in Apache NemoNEMO-468

Dear Apache Nemo Team,

I am writing this email to express my interest in the GSoC 2023 project,
Apache NemoNEMO-468, which involves developing a periodic skewed task
detection mechanism in the Nemo scheduler.

I am currently pursuing a degree in Computer Science and have a strong
background in distributed systems, parallel computing, and data processing.
I have worked on several projects related to these domains, including a
real-time streaming data processing system and a distributed file system.

I have gone through the project proposal and the GitHub Pull Request #310,
and I find it quite fascinating. I believe that my skills and experience
are well suited for this project. I am proficient in Java, which is the
primary language used in Nemo, and I have experience working with Hadoop
YARN and Apache Spark, which would be valuable in understanding Nemo's
scheduling mechanism.

Furthermore, I have experience working with GitHub, and I am familiar with
the software development lifecycle, including version control, testing, and
code review. I am confident that I can contribute to this project and
deliver high-quality work within the stipulated timeline.

I would be honored to be a part of the Apache Nemo community and work on
this project. I am excited about the opportunity to learn from experienced
developers and make meaningful contributions to the project. I am eager to
discuss the project further and answer any questions you may have.

Thank you for considering my application. I look forward to hearing from
you soon. What to do next steps for this project? Am I too late for this
project?

Best regards,
Rahul Raj

Re: interested in GSoC 2023 - Expression of Interest in Apache NemoNEMO-468

Posted by Won Wook SONG <wo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

It would be great if we could see your CV (or in other forms) to evaluate
your background toward achieving the goal of the project.

Thanks,
Wonook

2023년 3월 27일 (월) 오전 8:33, Rahul Raj <li...@gmail.com>님이 작성: