Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Duro <du...@zoznam.sk> on 2008/06/12 14:48:58 UTC

persistent messages for durable subscribers are not purged from disc

Hi all,
I have some problems with multiple durable subscribers while persistent
delivery is used.
If I understand concept of durable/persistent subscription, message should
be deleted from disc storage (periodically) after all interested subscribers
have received it. In case there was one durable subscriber everything woks
just fine. However when I tested this scenerio with two durable subscribers
on topic,  the messages were never deleted (disc usage is continously
consumed and never purged).
After 100k text messages (5kB/message) my storage size exceeded 600 MB.
I am using Amq 5.1 with default configuration file with
amqPersistenceAdapter.

Please help, I am solving this problem long enough and I am quite desperate
already

thanks,
Juraj.

Re: persistent messages for durable subscribers are not purged from disc

Posted by Duro <du...@zoznam.sk>.
Hi,
I have created jira with two simple java classes. AMQ-1797.

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 13 Jun 2008, at 16:04, Duro wrote:

> It looks that there is a problem in activemq journal wich is used by
> default
> amqPersistenceAdapter. I have tested this also on amq 4.1.1
> journaledJDBC
> adapter with same bug.
> When jdbcPersistenceAdapter with 4.1.1(non-journal) or
> kahaPersistenceAdapter with 5.1 are used with 2 durable topic
> subscribers,
> disc storage is periodically emptied.

This is now fixed in trunk

cheers,

Rob

http://open.iona.com/products/enterprise-activemq
http://rajdavies.blogspot.com/

Re: persistent messages for durable subscribers are not purged from disc

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi juraj,