Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2005/09/09 22:05:26 UTC

Re: antlib loading in typedef

On Tue, 23 Aug 2005, Steve Loughran <st...@apache.org> wrote:

> One change I have also checked in to Definer.java is some extra
> logic for naming antlibs. Instead of just
>
> 	antlib:org.example.package
>
> you can go
>
> 	antlib://org/example/package/file.xml

I don't like that antlib would now become a protocol for opaque and
hierarchical URLs at the same time.  Is antlib:foo loading the
descriptor from resource "/foo/antlib.xml" or resource "foo".

> antlib://org.example.package/file.xml
> antlib:org.example.package/file.xml
> antlib://org.example.package/antlib.xml

how would the second form load a resource that's not in a package?
Other than that I like that one most.

Stefan