Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Tim Sell <tr...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/23 20:00:25 UTC

Hive jobs only run with 1 map task

We just upgraded to hadoop 0.20 (from hadoop 0.18), impressively our
same hive package kept working against the new hadoop setup.

Since the upgrade every hive starts with only 1 map task though. Even
after setting it with eg: set mapred.map.tasks=32;
We recompiled our hive setup against hadoop 0.20 and still get the same issue.

Any suggestions for something obvious we might have missed?

~Tim.

Re: Hive jobs only run with 1 map task

Posted by Tim Sell <tr...@gmail.com>.
It's fixed.
We didn't figure out caused it, but we seem to have fixed it by
upgrading to the latest cloudera version of hive.

thanks

Posted by Tim Sell <tr...@gmail.com>.
Hi again,

Posted by Namit Jain <nj...@facebook.com>.