Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Cubehead <cu...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/18 04:27:56 UTC

layout problem!

hi all,

When using the table layout portlet, it can not load the layout-decorations.
I found this file , templates/layout/tcolumns/layout.vm,  has some problem.

  #if ($decorator)
        #set($decoTop = "${decorator}/decorator-top.vm")
        #set($decoBottom = "${decorator}/decorator-bottom.vm")
  #end

change the decorator-top.vm to header.vm , decorator-bottom.vm to footer.vm.

Another problem I cannot resolved.
I changed the header.vm to unicode. the problem is in front the logo, there
is a space line.
I discovered that there was a char that it isn't a space in unicode. but I
can not find the char where it is.

Re: layout problem!

Posted by Cubehead Fang <cu...@gmail.com>.
It's not such problem. I resolve it by changing the file,
velocity.properties.
change the value of ' input.encoding ' to the locale encoding, and the
template
file not to change to utf-8.
but when i use many different language in the template, it seems be another
problem.

That char is discovered before the tag '<html>'.

Re: layout problem!

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.

Re: layout problem!

Posted by Randy Watler <wa...@wispertel.net>.
Cubehead:

On Sun, 2005-12-18 at 11:27 +0800, Cubehead wrote:
> hi all,
>
> When using the table layout portlet, it can not load the layout-decorations.
> I found this file , templates/layout/tcolumns/layout.vm,  has some problem.
>
>   #if ($decorator)
>         #set($decoTop = "${decorator}/decorator-top.vm")
>         #set($decoBottom = "${decorator}/decorator-bottom.vm")
>   #end
>
> change the decorator-top.vm to header.vm , decorator-bottom.vm to footer.vm.

I made these and similar changes in the 2.01 branch and trunk. Thanks
for pointing them out! Also, if you want to be known as a J2
contributer, it might help to have your real name so that I can get it
in the commit comment... 'cubehead' looks a bit strange there :-).

> Another problem I cannot resolved.
> I changed the header.vm to unicode. the problem is in front the logo, there
> is a space line.
> I discovered that there was a char that it isn't a space in unicode. but I
> can not find the char where it is.

I am not sure I can help here. Perhaps Shinsuke can... he has a ton more
experience with the unicode issues.

Randy