Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com> on 2002/09/23 17:04:14 UTC

1.5dev failure - CRLF expected at end of chunk: -1/-1

I upgraded last week to a nightly build of Cactus 1.5dev that had the
FormAuthentication in it.  This problem, however, is not
FormAuthentication related as I've switched back to using BASIC.  This
does not happen on every test, only on this one.  This particular form
is submitting several fields, and StrutsTestCase is being used which I
believe only uses GET.  Could that be the problem?  Too many parameters
for GET?

Thanks,
	Erik

     [junit] Testcase:
testSaveContactInfo(edu.darden.alumni.contactinfo.ContactI
nfoTest):       Caused an ERROR
     [junit] CRLF expected at end of chunk: -1/-1
     [junit] java.io.IOException: CRLF expected at end of chunk: -1/-1
     [junit]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ChunkedInputStream.nextChunk(Ch
unkedInputStream.java:151)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ChunkedInputStream.read(Chunked
InputStream.java:134)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.commons.httpclient.ChunkedInputStream.read(Chunked
InputStream.java:144)
     [junit]     at
java.io.InputStreamReader.fill(InputStreamReader.java:168)
     [junit]     at
java.io.InputStreamReader.read(InputStreamReader.java:244)
     [junit]     at java.io.BufferedReader.fill(BufferedReader.java:134)
     [junit]     at java.io.BufferedReader.read1(BufferedReader.java:182)
     [junit]     at java.io.BufferedReader.read(BufferedReader.java:256)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.util.IoUtil.getText$ajcPostAround4(IoUtil.j
ava;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):92)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.util.IoUtil.getText(IoUtil.java;org/apache/
cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1198)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.callGetResult(Abs
tractHttpClient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):228)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest$ajcPostAro
und7(AbstractHttpClient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k)
:115)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.client.AbstractHttpClient.doTest(AbstractHt
tpClient.java;org/apache/cactus/util/log/LogAspect.aj(1k):1240)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractWebTestCase.runWebTest(AbstractWebT
estCase.java:308)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractWebTestCase.runGenericTest(Abstract
WebTestCase.java:258)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.ServletTestCase.runTest(ServletTestCase.jav
a:133)
     [junit]     at
org.apache.cactus.AbstractTestCase.runBare(AbstractTestCase.j
ava:223)

RE: 1.5dev failure - CRLF expected at end of chunk: -1/-1

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Thanks Erik for posting back. That's very useful!

-Vincent

Posted by Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <li...@ehatchersolutions.com>.
Yes, I'm using the full nightly build of Cactus, including the
httpclient that comes with it.

As for reproducing the bug without StrutsTestCase - I'd love to but its
simply not within my schedule to fiddle with this too much at the moment.

I did try to turning on debugging by configuring the log4j.properties
file, but I did not get a cactus_client.log file generated (that I could
find).  Am I missing some steps in enabling debug mode?  How do I go
about doing this?

	Erik

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@octo.com>.
Erik,