Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by luis_size <lu...@yahoo.fr> on 2018/12/19 17:25:54 UTC

Variables handling in MiNiFi

Hi
I am a big fan of NiFi variables registry. This makes instantiating versions of the same workflow easier. However, when I save a PG as a template, export it, convert it to YML for MiNiFi agent, the value of variable is not exported.
Is there a support of variable in MiNiFi? any ongoing work on this?
ThanksLuis

Re: Variables handling in MiNiFi

Posted by Aldrin Piri <al...@gmail.com>.
Hi Luis,

There was an initial attempt at providing this support in MiNiFi [1] that
would likely be worth renewing discussion on and can certainly appreciate
the utility that bit of functionality would provide.

I would be interested in hearing a bit more about your intended use for the
variables to make sure we think about this the right way.  I think adding
this support in the overarching transformation that currently exists might
still fall short of what is needed.

As an aside, are you also making use of Registry (not specifically for
MiNiFi, but in general)?

Thanks!

[1] https://github.com/apache/nifi-minifi/pull/115

Posted by Andrew Grande <ap...@gmail.com>.