Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/24 22:43:15 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache ServiceMix 4.0-m1

The ServiceMix team is pleased to announce the first milestone of ServiceMix 4.
ServiceMix 4 contains major changes compared to ServiceMix 3, the
biggest one being the use of OSGi as the runtime for the container
using ServiceMix Kernel (see http://servicemix.apache.org/kernel/) and
the JBI layer is implemented in the ServiceMix NMR subproject (see
http://servicemix.apache.org/nmr/).
Downloads are available at the following locations:
       http://servicemix.apache.org/smx4/download.html
The release does not include any JBI components, but ServiceMix 3
components can be deployed in ServiceMix 4.
We invite all our users to download and try deploying their existing
applications in this first milestone of ServiceMix 4 so that we can
benefit from an early feedback.

On behalf of the ServiceMix Team,

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache ServiceMix 4.0-m1

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
On Sat, Apr 26, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Marcello Teodori
<ma...@gmail.com> wrote:

>  Thanks! Is there somewhere an example about how to deploy an existing SMX3
>  sample on SMX4?

Look at http://servicemix.apache.org/nmr/1-quick-start.html, it will
show how to deploy a JBI application.
You can also copy these files (servicemix-shared-compat, JBI
components and JBI service assemblies)
in the deploy folder of servicemix 4.

>  Or is it just as easy as executing a mvn jbi:projectDeploy with SMX4
>  running?

This won't work atm.

>  I would really like to try SMX4 myself as I need for my JBI application to
>  use the latest version of spring 2.5.*.
>
>  Also, as far as I remember from the presentation by Bruce Snyder I saw at
>  JavaPolis on SMX4, the dependency on xbean would have been removed and the
>  standard namespace mechanism present in Spring would have been leveraged
>  instead, but I see now that the xbean jars are still present in the
>  distribution. Is there any specific reason for this change or maybe I did
>  not understand correctly?

Yeah, we plan to leverage spring mode, especially using CXF and camel.
You can read http://servicemix.apache.org/SMX4/cxf-examples.html for an example
of this.
However, JBI components from servicemix 3 work the same way at this
point, but we plan
to enhance them to support deploying applications using a single
spring xml config file
instead of the JBI packaging.

>  Thanks for any information,
>  Marcello
>
>  --
>  marcello.teodori@jugmilano.it
>  Java User Group Milano - http://www.jugmilano.it
>

>  gnodet wrote:
>  >
>  > The ServiceMix team is pleased to announce the first milestone of
>  > ServiceMix 4.
>  > ServiceMix 4 contains major changes compared to ServiceMix 3, the
>  > biggest one being the use of OSGi as the runtime for the container
>  > using ServiceMix Kernel (see http://servicemix.apache.org/kernel/) and
>  > the JBI layer is implemented in the ServiceMix NMR subproject (see
>  > http://servicemix.apache.org/nmr/).
>  > Downloads are available at the following locations:
>  >        http://servicemix.apache.org/smx4/download.html
>  > The release does not include any JBI components, but ServiceMix 3
>  > components can be deployed in ServiceMix 4.
>  > We invite all our users to download and try deploying their existing
>  > applications in this first milestone of ServiceMix 4 so that we can
>  > benefit from an early feedback.
>  >
>  > On behalf of the ServiceMix Team,
>  >